I’m still in my editing cave, the grass needs cutting, the other novel needs writing, and the kids are starting to smell weird. And yet, I’m blogging. Don’t worry, I’ll be brief.
- Eating while I write. On the one hand, it makes writing WAY more fun, but now I need an exercise bike with a ledge for my laptop just to balance things out.
- Feeling guilty if I’m writing while my kids are awake, and feeling guilty if I’m not writing while they’re asleep. It’s an exhausting amount of guilt, really. I don’t recommend it.
- Not having my head in the PR game. When people find out I’m a writer they expect me to have something intelligent to say. I usually set them straight with comments like, “Did anyone see the Bachelor Pad last night? Yeah, that ruled.” And then I realize I should maybe try to say something smart so people want to buy my book, but by then it’s too late.
- Worrying about disappointing my family and friends with my writing. You’d think I’d be over it at the ripe old age of 31, but I’m not. I start worrying and then I see the delete button and then….
- The internet. Oh, you tempting she-devil, you.
**Another Note: I didn’t follow this formula today. He would’ve said something like, “Maybe you should just wait to post until you have time to write something good…”